- Cincinnati beats Florida St. 62-56 to advance (Yahoo! Sports)
The Cincinnati Bearcats are making it an Ohio party in the NCAA tournament, giving the Buckeye State four teams in the final 16. Dion Dixon stole the ball and dunked to put Cincinnati ahead for good with 1:32 left, and the Bearcats edged out Florida State 62-56 Sunday night to reach their first regional semifinal in the NCAA tournament since 2001.
- Johnson rallies Kansas to 63-60 win over Purdue (Yahoo! Sports)
The messages were flying in the Kansas locker room at halftime. Elijah Johnson told his team to stop second-guessing itself. Tyshawn Taylor reminded the Jayhawks that they’d been in trouble before. Coach Bill Self finally stood up and told his team that it would take sheer toughness to rally past Purdue.
- Frease’s 25 points lift Xavier over Lehigh 70-58 (Yahoo! Sports)
Xavier is making a habit of reaching the round of 16. Senior center Kenny Frease scored a career-high 25 points to go with 12 rebounds, and the Musketeers knocked off upset-minded Lehigh 70-58 Sunday night to advance to the regional semifinals of the NCAA tournament for the fourth time in five years.
- No. 13 seed Ohio beats USF 62-56 in NCAA tourney (Yahoo! Sports)
Step aside, VCU. Enjoy your memories, Butler. Ohio’s ready to become the latest mid-major darling of March Madness. Walter Offutt scored 21 points, D.J. Cooper had 19 and No. 13 seed Ohio beat South Florida 62-56 on Sunday night to advance to the Midwest Regional semifinals. “This is amazing,” said Offutt, a transfer from Ohio State by way of Wright State.
- Wade, Bosh carry Heat past Magic, 91-81 (Yahoo! Sports)
Chris Bosh got the Miami Heat started. Dwyane Wade provided the big finish. Wade scored 14 of his 31 points in the fourth quarter, Bosh made his first six shots and finished with 23 and the Heat held off the Orlando Magic 91-81 on Sunday night for their 13th straight win at home. LeBron James finished with 14 points, 12 rebounds, seven assists and five steals for the Heat.
- QB Matt Flynn reaches agreement with Seahawks (Yahoo! Sports)The Seattle Seahawks are hoping another Green Bay backup turns into their franchise quarterback. The Seahawks reached agreement Sunday with Matt Flynn on a three-year deal, bringing one of the most wanted — yet unproven — free agents to the Pacific Northwest to try and solidify Seattle’s QB position.
- North Carolina rolls past Creighton 87-73 in NCAAs (Yahoo! Sports)
John Henson proved he was healthy again, grabbing rebounds and blocking shots in his return from a wrist injury that seemed perfectly timed for North Carolina’s latest push for the Final Four. Now Kendall Marshall has his own wrist injury that could prove devastating for the Tar Heels. Henson had a double-double in his first game back from a sprained left wrist, and North Carolina beat…
- Donald wins and returns to No. 1 (Yahoo! Sports)One great round. One solid swing out of the rough. One clutch birdie putt. That’s what Luke Donald needed to win the Transitions Championship in a playoff and get back to No. 1 in the world. Donald was starting to feel overlooked in the two weeks since Rory McIlroy replaced him atop the world ranking, and he even allowed a few doubts about his game to creep into his head.
- Brad Keselowski dominates to win at Bristol (Yahoo! Sports)