I first came across Thug Workout: Fitness from the streets when I was searching for exercises or workout that you can do without going to the gym.
The Benefits of doing or practicing this workout is that you could do it almost anywhere, and almost anytime.
Using your own body weight to get fit and strong. No fancy machines and equipments. All the time that you ever need. you can even do it on a park or at the comfort of your own home. What else can you ask for?
There is a minimal disadvantage with thug work out. You get to use your own body weight therefore making you more comfortable with your own body and making it all more natural. Of course you can still add free weights when doing the work outs. I usually use ankle weights and or dumbells.
Type of exercises:
The thug workout usually revolves around calisthenics. A variety of those from which you can try and benefit of.
1. Pull Ups – A simple exercise where you need a bar or something that you can get to hold of above your head. All you need to do is hold the bar with your palms facing away from you. and lift yourself up. Avoid kicking the air, there’s no use for that.
2. Sit Ups – Lie down on the floor. Level up and bend your knees. Put your feet on the floor and put on top of it something that is heavy so that it would not be hard to raise your body up. To do this is to raise your upper body using your abdominal muscles.
3. Chin Ups – Much like the pull ups. the only difference is that your palms are facing you. Don’t forget to not kick the air. make sure that you raise your body much high that your chin levels or exceeds the height of the bar that you are holding.
4. Dips – Dips are done using parallel bars. You get to hold on, on each of the bars. Slowly lower your body up until its critical point and raise it up. These helps your triceps and if done with variations, will greatly help your chest muscles.
5. Push Ups – Push ups are performed face down on the floor and your palms also facing the floor. The objective is to lift yourself up and then slowly lowering it back again. This type of exercise much like the dips will help your arms and chest.
6. Squats – Lower your body, achieve this by bending your knees towards the front away from you. This type of exercise strengthens your lower body such as your quadriceps, hamstrings, calves, and gluteals.
There are a lot of variations that you can do with these basic exercises. There can be wide pull ups, narrow chin ups, side sit ups. Use your creativity and imagination. It will surely help a lot.
How I do thug workout:
After a long hours of work, I tend to take small breaks in between, like 5 – 10 minutes. I go away from the computer, walk around, drink some water and get back to work again. by the time that I learned about thug work out, it was an added routine to my break. I stay away from the computer, walk around, do pull ups, do chin ups, do push ups, drink, get back to what I am doing. All in all this could take about only 5-7 minutes of your time. i may do 3 sessions of thug work out in a day.If I’m in the mood I even go from 4 sessions making each one last for like 15 minutes.
How to do thug workout.
1. Distribute workout throughout the day. The good thing with thug workout is that you don’t need equipments or other machines. Any place where you could swing around would do. Choose the time where it best suits you. You don’t need a lot of time to do this work out. The secret is on the distribution. The more it is distributed and accomodated to your time, the better.
2. Do 1 set till failure with long seconds of interval between positives and negatives. These will give your muscles better tension. It will surely get stronger after recuperating.
3. Add numbers to your sets. Example is that you’ve made 50 pull ups, add more the repetitions during your second set.
4. I usually do the work out 7-9 days in 2 weeks. After that I take a rest or practice another type of work out. this will give time for your muscles to rest and not to get accustomed to the routine.
If you are naturally slim like me, I recommend that you intake more food than what you are naturally taking up. You need to intake more calories than what it is suggested to your body height preferences.
You can calculate how much calorie that your body needs HERE.
As you search to youtube, there’s already tons of groups or fans emulating the thug workout. How about you? Are you ready for a new kind of work out?
Check out these videos and be the judge on how well it can suit you.
Thug Workout: Fitness from the streets